Monday, September 20, 2010

For You

Dear You,

I always had an idea of you in my head, but like everything else, I figured my expectations were too high and I would need to settle like everyone else. When I left my past life, I knew there was a high probability that I would be alone and over time, I learned to be ok, if not happy, with that. But then I met you. And your wonderful sarcasm and blue eyes and broad shoulders. And your slight arrogance that is just enough to be attractive...your 'not-even-close-to-politically-correct' rants, your laugh, the way you say my name, your lips....I guess I should be sending a thank you card to Facebook and Four Peaks, because without those two silly little things my life would be vastly different and much less fun. You have shown me what real love is, as much as I didn't want to admit it existed, you proved me wrong. Instead of backing away during my most difficult times, you are always front and center. Thank you. For everything. Since music is 'my thing', these remind me of you:

One

Two

Three

Four

Five

No comments:

Post a Comment