Friday, June 19, 2009

For A Change

I figure it's past due for me to start writing in a blog like an adult and not utilize the sinking ship that is MySpace. This is partly due to the fact that I have needed a place to share my thoughts and be me. Without this group judging me for not being professional enough, or this group judging me for not being religious enough, or this group judging me for not x,y,& z enough. Now you can all judge me at once. If you wish. Or perhaps you can see these posts as variables that all add up to me and who I am, or at least striving to be.

I titled this blog On Learning About Happiness. I was thinking about calling it a pursuit or seeking of happiness, but I realized that without really having a solid understanding of what happiness is, it would be hard to start seeking something not yet definable or clearly recognizable. Instead, I opted to use learning about happiness. What is happiness and where is it found? Is there a difference between happiness and contentment? There have been times in my life when I assumed that some thing or some event would make me happy. But to my surprise, that thing or event really did not. Other times I have assumed the opposite: that this career choice or location to live would really make me miserable, but I was also surprised to find that I ended up being happy. So I suppose the purpose of taking the time to sit at my computer, log on to my blog, and write is to share my life experiences, thoughts, and questions in an effort to learn about happiness and maybe gain some perspective.

To start, this little lady without a doubt can always make me happy.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, hurray! Now I have a new blog to add to Google Reader!

    ReplyDelete